Bilingual with a long-standing French (and occasionally English) spelling problem (damn consonant gemination rules), made only worse by my current daily use of a third, wholly unrelated, language (far, far away on the language family tree).
Do not be fooled by frequent pedant digressions: I have no professional or academic background in linguistics, only a lifelong passion for languages (and intertwined historical facts).
Top Network Posts
- 37How indistinguishable is blue from green really?
- 27“L’on y danse”: why the article “l’ ”?
- 27Que veut dire l'expression « à l'heure qu'il est » ?
- 25Do Japanese writers use underline for emphasis?
- 22Use of 自分【じぶん】as a personal pronoun in direct speech
- 19Reading (and usage) of 他: when is it 【た】, when is it 【ほか】?
- 17What is the more common pronunciation for the rōmaji letter Z in Japanese?
- View more network posts →